Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars: To be Seen on Screen Soon!


I believe most of you have already heard the news of John Green's much appreciated creation The Fault in Our Stars being adapted as a movie with the same title and I firmly believe you're just as excited as I am! Aren't you? That's why I thought I'd share my excitement with you, my readers through sharing the information I managed to gather about this much talked and book-to-movie adaptation.
Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.


Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace  Lancaster


Ansel Elgort as Augustus Waters


Nat Wolff as Isaac


Laura Dern as Mrs. Lancaster


Sam Trammell as Mr. Lancaster


Mike Birbiglia as Patrick


Willem Dafoe as Peter Van Houten


Emily Peachey as Monica

And the best part is JOHN GREEN himself will be cast in the movie (for a role which is still unknown)!!!!!!



Director: Josh Boone
Produced by: Wyck Godfrey, Marty Bowen
Written by: Scott Neustadter, Michael H. Weber
Cinematographer: Ben Richardson
Studio: Temple Hill Entertainment
Release Date: June 6th, 2014





Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Publishers: Dutton Books
Date of Publication: January 10th, 2012
Genre: YA, Contemporary
Format: Hardcover
Length: 313 pages
My Source: Ebook


Synopsis

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


Here's My Review of the book

Lastly, a personal note: I don't know whether you'll agree with me or not but I don't like books being made as movies. It basically kills the story, the essence of the book, in most of the cases. Whenever I've gone watching a movie after reading the book its based on, I've been hugely disappointed. I think if you're doing a film based on a book, you should at least keep the story intact but mostly they improvise it so much that ends up changing the story itself. So I earnestly hope the same doesn't happen with TFIOS. This book is very close to my heart and one of my all time favourites and it'd be very unfair to the book if they do such treatments with the movie. I hope the movie turns out to be just as great as the book is!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely CANNOT WAIT for this to come out. I'm going to be crying during the previews, and then throughout the entire movie.

    I pity those that watch this movie without having read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I, Val! Truly, those who are going to watch the movie without reading the book will miss a great deal of the flavor!
      And as for crying.. I know, right? W're all gonna cry throughout.. Can't help!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vinny
    I really need to read this one like yesterday, definitely before the movie comes out.

    I just nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Check it out on my blog http://imlovingbooks.blogspot.nl

    Bye!
    Myra

    ReplyDelete