As I've stated before, my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award.
You can find it in my previous blog post here.
If you're not familiar with the Liebster Award, you may get some helpful information here.
The rules are simple as follows:
- Link back to the blogger to nominated your name.
- Answer the questions of the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers of your choice and inform them.
- Prepare your own set of 10 questions and post it on your blog for the nominees (nominated by you).
- And you're done!
I've been nominated by Sofia from Take A Walk On The Write Side and I want to thank her heartily for nominating my blog.
Sofia's Questions and My Answers To Them:
- What made you decide to start blogging?
Answer: I was ever so curious about blogging and the authors behind those blog posts! I used to follow some blogs even before I started blogging myself and always wanted to have a blog of my own. But since I've joined Goodreads this year (in July, I guess), I've been seen lots of bloggers and my will for creating my own blog increased a lot more. I wanted to have my personal canvas to display and discuss about the books I've read or I'll be reading and so the idea of creating a book blog seemed absolutely perfect. That's why I started my blog Books Are My Best Friends.
- From where do you usually get your books (library, local bookstore, amazon..)?
Answer: I love to buy books as physical books, for me, have their own essence (you can touch them, smell them.. umm, it's a great feeling to have new books added to your bookshelf). But virtual or ebooks are something you just can't avoid. So yes, I get my ebooks from amazon, smashword, tuebl (it's absolutely amazing!) and many more sites. And also I borrow books from the library.
- What book has influenced your current tastes the most?
Answer: Divergent by Veronica Roth (the whole series). I loved it so much that I started reading a lot more dystopian novels.
Apart from that The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho had a remarkable influence on me, my way of thinking.
- What's your favourite thing about blogging so far?
Answer: I love everything about blogging, honestly! It feels great to share my thoughts and to see others sharing theirs. The exciting part is, of course, whenever I get a new follower or a new comment!
- Have you ever read a book that you wish you had written? If yes, which one?
Answer: There are so many! Every time I read a good book, I feel like "why cant I write something as beautiful as this!" But if I've to choose one, I'll pick The Alchemist. It was wonderful and I wish someday I'll write something so meaningful and thought provoking.
- What's the one thing you can't stand in a book?
Answer: Unrealistic plot and imitation of some other book! I hate both.
- Do you have any weird reading habits?
Answer: Weird? I'm not sure if it counts but when I'm reading on an e-reader, I highlight so many lines and take so many notes (so that I can use them for reviews), like you can't imagine so many!!
- Which fictional character do you identify the most?
Answer: It requires a lot of thinking for answering this sort of question and I did think for quite a long time to find a suitable answer. I identify myself with Jacqueline from Easy by Tammara Webber, to a great extent.
- Favourite book(s)?
Answer: The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Fault in Our Stars, The Alchemist, Biswasghatak, Life of Pi, The Mortal Instruments, Vampire Academy and the list will go on!
- What's your favourite book adaptation (in any media: movies, TV, theater..)?
Answer: As TV series- Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries and as movie- Life of Pi, The Godfather. (I havent watched City of Bones yet but wish to watch it ASAP).
My Questions for the bloggers I've nominated:
- When did you start blogging and why?
- Tell us briefly about your blog and what do you do over there?
- What you love most about blogging?
- How do you promote your blog? Whenever there's a new post, how do you connect people and let them know about your blog?
- What is the most interesting thing that has happened to you during the course of blogging?
- What do you think is the most challenging part about blogging?
- What are your top 5 favourite books? Name some of your favourite authors.
- Besides blogger are you on any other blogging social networks? If yes, which one do you prefer most and why?
- Your favourite blog that you follow (choose one)?
- Lastly, any tips for fellow bloggers?
Blogs I've nominated:
- K & T Book Reviews
- Life is Reading
- Reading is My Treasure
- The Book Adict
- The YA Book Butterfly
- Review Buzzz
- The Last Chapter
- Book Obsessed
- Bookshelf Fantasies
- Ini's Ravishing Reads